• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free FTP websites?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mrr.guy

Nvm, found drivehq. 1gb free.
Now, i have to figure out how to get the direct link to the files. We'll see how it goes.

edits
1: Found a publish link, and url. wonder if thatll work. 'doh
2: http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/poopingfish/Cstrike But apparently that isnt a downloadable resource, when i use sv_downloadurl it doesnt download anything from it.

What is a free ftp website where i can use to download game files to server clients?

Last edited:
You can't just get FTP access, say from geocities, and run a game server. You need shell access to the remote computer to be able to do that. So you need to install the came, configure it, run it, etc. You can't do much of that from FTP with most games.

So basically, no it will not work. However if you'd like to use your computer as a server you can. IF you have a router all you need to do is forward the ports.

I am on my lappy, its a t5300 core2duo with 2gb ram. running 3 cs:s servers on it right now.

I think hes saying that he wants to host the game files (maps, textures, etc) on the FTP site and use the FTP file as a mirror (which most games support). The answer, yes you can. I've done it before on free web hosting accounts with FTP on them. The systems admins dont seem to care either. As long as their TOS/EULA doesnt forbid it, then yes.

Back