• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any opinions on Foxcon 8800GTX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Foxconn is a pretty big name in the oem space, and have recently made some strides in the enthusiast realm as well. As far as an 8800gtx goes, the cards are all pretty much the same. The only real difference is the packaging and warranty available. I would check out foxconns warranty and compare it with say evga, xfx, and bfg.

I'm looking at this card as well, it's cheaper than all the other 8800GTX cards at Newegg and it's clocked as high as the Ultras.

Foxconn's warranty is 3 years according to their website. So it's not lifetime like the eVGA and BFG cards. I would never buy an xFX product anyways so the warranty on those means nothing to me.

I guess the relevant question is, how are the eVGA and BFG cards OCing for people? If those cards can routinely do 630/2000 then it's a better buy to get those, but if people are not getting 630/2000 from the eVGA/BFG models then the Foxconn looks like a great deal. It comes with a free gamepad too.

Last edited:
Foxconn is actually one of the biggest manufacturers of OEM stuff but have only recently jumped into the enthusiast market.

Actually, in fact, Foxconn is one of the manufacturers of ALL the 8800's for NVidia - from the bare essentials to final packaging and shipping. So quality wise, I wouldn't worry about the product.

It actually looks like quite the sweet deal with the clock speeds as high as an Ultra...

It's not on Newegg anymore, they removed the listing entirely. Maybe they're not going to sell it anymore, I have no idea. Usually if it's just out of stock they leave it listed but as out of stock.

Anyways, I got mine today from Newegg and I'm testing it now. It looks like mine simply won't do a single mhz above the factory OC of 630, even at one ATITool OC uptick of 635 it locks up. However the memory seems to have some headroom, I had it up to 1094 before getting artifacts with the ATITool Artifact Tester. Since the stock Ultra is 2160 I have mine backed down to 1085 (2170) and it seems reasonably happy. I'm now in the process of doing a complete 30 minute ATITool Artifact Test to ensure this memory OC is OK.

My Foxconn actually has a black PCB, the same black PCB that Ultras have, instead of the standard green PCB that 8800GTS and GTX have. So I am guessing my GTX is a rebadged Ultra that possibly didn't pass QC as an Ultra and got clocked down to GTX speeds. I hope it can reach close to Ultra speeds on the memory.

I was curious about the default shader clock on this so I opened up nIbitor and looked at it and the shader clock is set to the GTX default of 1350. So this card is set in the BIOS to 630/1350/1000. Very interesting that Foxconn didn't bother to increase the shader clock. I may have to play with that later on, though I am somewhat leery of modifying and flashing the BIOS on my $520 videocard. Maybe a few months down the road when this card is being crushed by Crysis, I'll think it over. For now, I'll leave it be.

EDIT: I just checked Newegg and they have put the listing back! And it's still $520 AR. But it is out of stock now! Get on the Auto-Notify list now I guess if you want it still.

Last edited:
Cool keep us updated on it. Interesting with the black PCB and ultra but i wouldn't doubt it either. Actually, I should ask my mom about that... she works for Foxconn and handles a lot of the cards they deal with.

After getting some stray artifacts at the ~17 minute mark with ATITool Artifact Tester at 1085 (2170) I dropped the memory to 1076 (2152) and it ran for ~30 minutes with no artifacts. So that is where I will leave it. I'm happy. :)

does anyone know if the other 8800gtx's are capable of hitting the speeds of the foxcon card without any trouble? The reason i ask is i am going to buy something very soon and need to know if i should wait on the foxcon or not. Thanks!

Back