• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6300 @ 2.26Ghz... Is that it???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigSniff07

OK now, after handing out over $300 for a mobo with SLI that can be overclocked, I was very disappointed with my OC on an Asus P5N32-SLI Premium. I can only get 2261mhz out of it, which is only about a 21% OC, also only 100mhz higher than the $90 mobo I had before (P5VD2-MX). I can run stable with Prime95 for 10 hours @ 1.29V with a max temp of 49c, but when I try to up the FSB over 1292, I get nothing. I have upped the vCore as high as 1.45v, but this only makes the cpu hotter not faster. I have also tried to up my RAM to 766 with voltage as high as 2.25v. Can anyone throw me some ideas? I only want about 2.66Ghz out of it, from what i've read in the forums, thats not at all impossible.

Any other specs you need to know?

what brand model ram,psu,ect... list out your whole system just to make it easier for others tring to help you.

My bets: (and I haven't been wrong yet on this one)

Sometimes PCI cards get freaky when they hit a certain frequency, and will remain freaky until the next pci divider kicks in.

solution: If you've been bumping the fsb up in small increments, try a slightly larger one. This may enable the next divider for the PCI bus to kick in.

...Okay, thats my only idea.

would be a good idea but these new boards constant lock at 33mhz for pci. no more messing with dividers or worring.

Evilsizer said:
what brand model ram,psu,ect... list out your whole system just to make it easier for others tring to help you.

Corsair model VS1GB667D2 (2 sticks) in dual channel, psu is M Force?? 550w, 1 7600GT gpu, the cpu & mobo. I can adjust the NB SB frequency and adjust cpu and ram clocks independently if that helps.
:beer:

Never heard of a M Force PSU. My guess is that it's holding you back. Look to see if it has a label and post what the 12v rail or rails are rated (in amps). In the meantime, try bumping up N/B voltage two notches and S/B voltage one notch. Lower the memory ratio to make sure the RAM is not the problem.

also look for the UL number so we can tell you what the OEM of the psu is. Also, I'd try simply putting the FSB at 400 and seeing if you can go from there, as I've seen other people getting 400-430 mhz fsb on that board. you might need to up your vcore also, so just keep that in mind.

Well, it looks like i got a dud chip. I put a friends E6300 in my set up and put the fsb to 1600 first go and got 2802mhz @ 1.38v Prime95 stable for 3 hours @52c before I pushed it to 3100mhz @ 1.32v with a max temp of 51c, stable for 8 hours. Now if only I can scam this chip from my mate.... nah, he'll let me have it.

Thanks for ya help guys

Back