• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help and suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WoW_STORM

Registered
Ok guys I need to see if someone here could tell me the best route to go with what I have. I litle to no money to spend but I would like to see what I can do with what I already have. So here is my list.

DFI AK76-SN REV. A+ motherboard
1 gig AMD Duron less then 2 weeks old (see specs on chip below)
big heatsink with 7000rpm fan
2 x 256meg sticks of Micron PC2400 DDR Memory
Asus 3800m 32meg video card (I will be changing this to a Radeon 64meg in a few weeks)
plenty of fans 8 total (I custom mounted them for the best air movement possible)
400 watt power supply
Sound Blaster Live sound card

And of course the rest of the basics. What I would like to know is what should I expect to see in the way of benchmark like with Sissoft Sandra 2001? And what is a feasible speed to overclock this thing to safely. I am running the Motherboard at the default setting on the cpu frequency ratio and the same with the cpu core voltage. I am new to overclocking and I know that this is not the overclockers dream setup but it is what I have got to work with. below is the specs off of my cpu chip. Any help deciphering this would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone here had any experiences with this motherboard? If so what is your opinion? Which route should I go with what I have? Thanks for reading.

Here is what is printed on the chip:
AMD
DURON
DHD1000AMT1B
AHHAA0135FPAW
1999 AMD

:D

I had no expirience with this mobo, I just know u have a 35week AHHAA '9' core.
U should just really keep temps under 50C
and first, unlock the chip.
then up the multiplier/vcore. to get an idia of ur chip's limits...
then up the FSB till ur aren't stable, then take it down a notch or two. remember to put the multi on default when u start to O/C the FSB.
Good luck &...
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

Back