• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thin station help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

randomtask16

Registered
I have an HP 5720 Thin station with XP embedded, loaded on 44pin flash rom. I want to use it as full function desktop since it has USB, Lan, vid, etc...
Problem is, I can't get it to boot from anything but that Flash rom that came with it, and can't do anything with windows embedded. I just want to load windows onto some other drive that the rom to get full functionality.

I've tried booting via USB, only works if I want to load new rom image, or it goes into dos with bootdisk loaded and won't run windows installer
Tried using IDE 44 pin to 40pin adapter to boot from winxp cd and it gives
"boot from cd....." msg, but won't. Tried booting from HD loaded with windows from another PC and got NTLDR missing error.

Not sure what else to try, anyone know if its even possible to install and use any other drives in these? If so, how the heck do I load windows?

Back