• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which 8800GTX card to pick?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nicasoft

Registered
hello.

I have 3 options:

BFG 8800 GTX OC2 $666
BFG 8800 GTX OC $579
evga 8800 GTX $569

I want to know if really worth it the BFG OC2 at $100 bucks more than the plain evga GTX??

EVGA. Lifetime warranty. Great support. You can always overclock the damn card yourself.

Mate all the cards you listed are nice.

Before you buy on lifetime warranty make sure you can get it.
Ive not long had my card, and I asked all most the same thing, other than rainless as he's not from the US, a lot of guys here will tell you to buy evga for the lifetime warranty and the step-up program but in your country you may not get it.
I know here in New Zealand, we get no step-up program and only 1 year manufacturer's warranty as posted on the websites that sell these cards here.
I'm not saying dont buy evga, far from it..great cards..but it may pay to look into the warranty side of things in your country.

And if all warrantys are the same and the warranty is done via the store, then best price wins imo.

After all that is said, out of the 3 go evga :)

Deanzo said:
Mate all the cards you listed are nice.

Before you buy on lifetime warranty make sure you can get it.
Ive not long had my card, and I asked all most the same thing, other than rainless as he's not from the US, a lot of guys here will tell you to buy evga for the lifetime warranty and the step-up program but in your country you may not get it.
I know here in New Zealand, we get no step-up program and only 1 year manufacturer's warranty as posted on the websites that sell these cards here.
I'm not saying dont buy evga, far from it..great cards..but it may pay to look into the warranty side of things in your country.

And if all warrantys are the same and the warranty is done via the store, then best price wins imo.

After all that is said, out of the 3 go evga :)

Wow,,, People actually know who I am.

Back in the U.S. now. I am *from* here... technically. But now I'm more recently from France. And in France the EVGA warranty is still lifetime.

rainless said:
Wow,,, People actually know who I am.

Back in the U.S. now. I am *from* here... technically. But now I'm more recently from France. And in France the EVGA warranty is still lifetime.

Not to get too far OT

Ive read a lot of your posts, lots of them make me laugh out loud, I just dont like posting lol, LOL etc etc, but yes I know who you are :)

I knew you were living in France, but I didnt know you were not from there, if you know what I mean.

Back