• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

server 2k3 to xp questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gangaskan

ive been looking at this and I'm very interested in looking at doing this on my laptop, and if I'm successful, possibly on my gaming machine. i was wondering if anyone has done this on their laptop or pc? how is the wireless support in 2k3? i am not really sure if there is wireless support? just want to make sure i have some things straightened out before i jump into it and render my laptop for a few day's kinda need it for school!

gangaskan said:
ive been looking at this and I'm very interested in looking at doing this on my laptop, and if I'm successful, possibly on my gaming machine. i was wondering if anyone has done this on their laptop or pc? how is the wireless support in 2k3? i am not really sure if there is wireless support? just want to make sure i have some things straightened out before i jump into it and render my laptop for a few day's kinda need it for school!

wireless support is perfectly fine... i have an older rig in the corner that i have windows server 2k3 enterprise on and i use a wireless connection to go to my router... i run a Counter strike server , web, ftp, filesevrer.... its great i love the os and its super stable for long periods of time. But gaming on windows server 2k3 takes some tweaking as it is not ment to run intense 3d Apps and stuff like that... i have played bf2 on it and it seems like it ran smoother... wasnt all that hard to get running. just some reasearch.

nd4spdbh2 said:
wireless support is perfectly fine... i have an older rig in the corner that i have windows server 2k3 enterprise on and i use a wireless connection to go to my router... i run a Counter strike server , web, ftp, filesevrer.... its great i love the os and its super stable for long periods of time. But gaming on windows server 2k3 takes some tweaking as it is not ment to run intense 3d Apps and stuff like that... i have played bf2 on it and it seems like it ran smoother... wasnt all that hard to get running. just some reasearch.

are you using the provided wireless program or the 2k3 wireless program to connect?

Back