• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7900GS Major artifacting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sam__

My graphics card is messed up. Whenever I turn my pc on with it I get artifacts all over the screen from the start,even in the BIOS. Is the card completely bust? I'v heard that artifacting is to do with the memory...is this right and if so is there any way of fixing it or should I just send it back to get repaired. I have OCed it from 450/660 to 600/1600 but it seemed to work ok.

HELP!!!

Have you tried setting it back to default speed to see if you still get artifacts?

Is the fan on the card working alright? If dust gets into the HS fins it can stop air from going over the ram modules.

yeah, its been default for the last two months.I cleaned it and tried it again and its still the same.

So it has been ok up until recently and just started artifacting? Any power problems lately?

It had artifacted a few times a while ago but only for a split second while i was playing games but now its constantly like that. I have no other comps with pci-e slots annoyingly and i dont have any other pci-e cards lol...I think ill rma it.

Back