• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5W-Deluxe PCI-E/Raid Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
Ok new board getting it into higher gear soon with me playing with my clocks again to get her up to a nicer speed.

Well before doing that since I know my clocks are stable as is, figured I'd start playing with my PCI-E bus speed just to jack it up a wee bit. Whats the if not mistaken the recommenced max for the PCI-E bus is 110Mhz with a RAID setup. I just want to make sure thats correct, since I'd just bump my bus up to or around that speed.

deathman20 said:
Ok new board getting it into higher gear soon with me playing with my clocks again to get her up to a nicer speed.

Well before doing that since I know my clocks are stable as is, figured I'd start playing with my PCI-E bus speed just to jack it up a wee bit. Whats the if not mistaken the recommenced max for the PCI-E bus is 110Mhz with a RAID setup. I just want to make sure thats correct, since I'd just bump my bus up to or around that speed.

id say about a 10% oc on the pcie buss should do damage... i wouldnt do above 15% or 115fsb.

but why mess with it? i mean are you gettin better gfx performance or somethin?

The only time i played with pci-e oc'ing was when i was gpu folding. Errors would usually start to happen after 107 and only one mobo that i recall was ok at 110.

But this was not tested with raid. And I don't expect gpu folding is very representative of normal heavy vidoe usage.

My son has a similar rig 6400 in a p5w dh with raid 0+5 on 3 drives. It can fold stable at 3.2 with 1.375 v but temps become a problem in his case when folding if the video is getting heavy use since it the x1900 AIW exhausts into the case. I left pci-e at 100.

Last edited:
I'd also consider leaving the PCIe at 100MHz. Is a few percent increase (if even) worth loosing/corrupting a RAID Array? Not for me - I leave mine at 100MHz. I didn't spend $700 on a RAID-5 just to have an OC'd PCIe bus corrupt my data ;)

:cool:

Back