• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT AN52 Socket AM2 problems with installing OS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darthbader

Registered
I am having an issue with my new AN52 Mobo. I have attempted to run Ubuntu 64 bit Fiesty Fawn and I get a APIC error when I try to boot. I have also tried a 32 bit version with the same result.

Next I tried to install Windows vista Ultimate. It began the install, Loaded the software. Ran the update and then the computer restarts. After restart it tries to boot to vista and it just goes into a loop and keeps restarting after it begins the boot process.

Next I Removed the hard drive and put it into another computer, I ran a boot and nuke and wiped the drive clean. Then I placed the drive back in my new pc and I couldnt get vista to even load. It just kept rebooting as it was attempting to load the install drivers. Then I took an xp disk and I had the same results.

I found on a forum this morning that the voltage setting in the bios needed to be changed for the memory as well as changing the the CAS Latency from 5 to 4. I also updated the Bios to the latest version. I made the changes and then tried to install Vista.

All looked like it was going well. I selected to install. The process began. It loaded the software, Installed the software, ran the update and then rebooted. When the computer restarted it went back into that loop that would never end. It loads drivers and then reboots.

I am at wits end with this thing. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Darthbader

Back