• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good KVM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

McGrace

What do you guys use for KVM switches? Both my keyboard and mouse are wireless USB devices.

Not so sure there are KVM switches for anything other than ps/2 mice and keyboard. Check the brand targus, they make a lot of these things.

Belkin also make KVM's, the more devices you switch the more you pay. I just got one myself PS/2 mouse and keyb and monitor between 2 machines and only cost £7 its a no name one off ebay.

You can get usb switches linky

Are you using a KVM for PC's remotely located? I just ran across this little sweet program for controlling multiple PC's with a single keyboard/mouse.

Synergy

It even works across different OS's, but it requires that the monitor from each PC is close to your main monitor. (The placement isnt a requirement, but you have to use eachs systems own monitor, so its best to place them beside each other.)

ive been using synergy since about 03... i love it, although im not too fond of the latest GUI... great program... windows and linux side by side is definitely fun..lol

i use ps2 devices (well mouse is USB but with adapter) and i use a linksys kvm2kit it does the trick and its really well built..

Back