• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chipset for dual PCIe 16x?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Iron Hawk

Is there a chipset (either current or planned) that supports dual 16x graphics cards running at full speed (16x)? All I can find supports 1@16x+1@8x or worse. I'm planning on running dual 2900xt (1024mb) so I don't think i want a nVidia chipset.

Thanks.

Yeah, im kinda an ATi Fanboy, so I want to run something that will support ATi Crossfire. I heard a bit about X38, any one know when we will start to see that chipset in motherboards?

about the only option left is a ATI based mobo. the current P35 is 8x/4x when in dual video card mode.

Evilsizer said:
about the only option left is a ATI based mobo. the current P35 is 8x/4x when in dual video card mode.
Yup, tho' there are/will be 2 Asus boards with a bridge chip that can split P35's 16X/4X onto 8X/8X... I have no idea on the advantage of this.

Cheers!

Back