• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's your favorite Burning software?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lenix

What's up,
I'm going to reinstall Xp tomorrow, and i'm thinking about getting rid of Nero.. it's just big and bloated.. and yes i do a custom install and only choose Nero Burning Rom.. but still 140 mb's for only the burning software ?

Do you guys recommend any alternatives ? I saw Ashampoo Burning Studio on a friends computer, and it seems minimal and just what i need, although i'd like to know what you guys prefer...

Cheers :beer:

Well lets see my fave.... Toast! Ha ha just kidding. I have used Roxio CD Creator mostly and Nero more recently. Both work fine IMO. I don't think it's all that bloated, 140MB is no big deal these days. You already do custom install so just make sure to check your startup items and disable any Nero startups. I use Autoruns.exe for this but you might have another solution.

lenix said:
It does not support data burning, seems like it only burn images.
theres an option called the 'BUILD' function...
Code:
Build - Create an image file from files on your computer or network - or you can write the files directly to a disc

CDBurner XP Pro 3.

+1 for free software.
I've yet to burn a coaster with it.

I do have Nero installed, but that's because Nero and DVDShrink work hand-in-hand.

My favorite burning software?? Those AOL 'free for 30 days' CD's they send in the mail... I throw 'em in a big pile with a little fuel... toss on a match and viola! That's good burning software. :mad:

What?? Oh... well in THAT case I think I'd have to go for Nero, or with Vista I just use the stock software... or for copies of discs I use Alcohol 120%:beer:

Nero. Got it with a dvd burner about 3 years ago. Burner died, but still like using nero to back up things to cds. Check install options, might be a way just to instal the express version or something.

You didn't really mention what you was wanting to burn. I use Roxio 9 for all my audio burning.

And I use ConvertXtoDVD for my video burning needs. I used Nero to burn DVD's but ConvertX is a lot faster, in my experiences anyways.

Ok after some tryouts, I certainly recommend Imgburn, it simply burns everything... and installation size is 1.6mb. Oh it's a freeware too.
i like

Back