• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram being recognized

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

techun

So I have windows vista on this laptop, and added a 2 gig stick to the 1 gig it came with.

Recently CS:S said in the survey that I had 2047mb of ram!? wtf?!

Windows vista says I have 2.87gb, and 2942mb in task manager

Why doesn't CSS see 3 gigs? I think I remember another program once saying i only had 2 gigs

how can i check or fix this

Maybe CS is programmed to only see that much. If you have an EA games like BF2, what does the easyinfo utility say?

I'm not sure but CS is 32-bit so which means that if you run it in a 64-bit operating system, the maximum assignable ram to CS is 2gigs (because it's 32-bit). If CS was 64-bit, then it could see the maximum assignable RAM in the OS.

Just so you know, most 32-bit programs have a maximum assignable RAM limit of 2gigs.

quadcore86 said:
I'm not sure but CS is 32-bit so which means that if you run it in a 64-bit operating system, the maximum assignable ram to CS is 2gigs (because it's 32-bit). If CS was 64-bit, then it could see the maximum assignable RAM in the OS.

Just so you know, most 32-bit programs have a maximum assignable RAM limit of 2gigs.
If its anything like winders 32bit, its 4GB. And I just remembered, a few months ago I was running a rightmark memory analyzer system ram test and it said that "the version of windows I had limits 1 program to 768mb of ram." I dunno if they changed it and your having that problem or RMMA was just being lazy.

Back