• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q6600 vs E6600 - Which should I go with?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woca

I was looking at the parts for a build I plan on doing soon and since I missed the whole release of the bearlake chipset when I chose the parts I went back and built around a p35 mobo. The q6600 price drop couldn't have come at a better time!

I'm asking you guys if I should stick with the BX2 mobo and e6600 and upgrade when more apps can utilize the quad core or do it now?

Also if you want to chime in about the builds feel free

Here are the newegg wishlist's for both

would a Q6600 and BX2 be better? Don't need to overclock to much and being it is an intel mobo it may be better wih the Q6600

BX2 and e6600

q6600 and p35

Last edited:
The E6600 is old now. Go for a E6550.

A tad slower (thats why its a 65 vs 66), but a ton cheaper ($183 @ egg)

as for your decision, it depends what you are going to do with the cpu.

ya Q6600 is defiently the chip to buy right now just look how the prices have been going up due to demand, from yesterday to today its jumped 45 dollars (just jumped 25 in the past few minutes)

problemc0mp said:
ya Q6600 is defiently the chip to buy right now just look how the prices have been going up due to demand, from yesterday to today its jumped 45 dollars (just jumped 25 in the past few minutes)

i wouldnt get it right now, let the prices go down. i'd snag an e6750 and make due for now. even at $200-plus prices, its still a decent deal.

P35 is THE chipset to get right now. P965 is good, but not worth it w/ P35 out now.

Q6600, e6750, or e6550 depending on how much you want to spend. e6750 seems to be the perfect balance for me right now. Not too expensive, and the decent potential to hit 4GHz on air w/ 500MHz FSB, and RAM @ 1GHz 4-4-4-12 1:1.

If you can stand it wait another week or so for the prices to level off. I'm out of town in training all week, so that is helping me be patient.

woca said:
Don't need to overclock to much and being it is an intel mobo it may be better wih the Q6600

Of course you don't NEED to OC, but why not? You can lower voltage and still get incredible OCs w/ these chips. You'll be running cooler and faster!:attn:

+ you're on OCForums.
+ it's so much fun to OC!

Back