• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G0 Reported at Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTengineer

Two reviews with G0

Pros: Its a great processor, we all know that. More importantly I just want to let all the overclockers out there know that I received mine today and it IS indeed the new G0 stepping. I ordered it on Monday. So unless there are some leftover B3s (I doubt it) go ahead and order up.

Pros: Just opened my package, which arrived in less then 48 hours on standard ground shipping and i was pleasantly surprised. I had expected b3 stepping, however what i got was one of the brand new model SLACR with G0 stepping. Very pleased with newegg and their constant A+ service. I would spend more every time just to make sure it came from newegg

I wish all the B3 supplies would run out already so you are guaranteed a G0 from all these stores

That is good news! However, I must warn all that Newegg has 3 warehouses (CA, TN, NJ) and depending where you live your processer will come from one of the three. Not guarantee, but still good news the "GOs are coming to a store near you." :clap:

i was also advise some caution here - there is not a checking system to ensure authenticity of these posts.

for all we know, newegg had one of their interns write the reviews

Brolloks said:
Even though you could get a G0 their price is still ridiculously high...

Getting less so, though. Down to $329.99 this morning.

I think they realised they can get this stuff much lower at other stores, now the other stores might up their prices and jump the skip to newegg.

High prices at the egg is not necessarily bad if you think about it, it means they have had very high demand which also means a lot of the old stepping may be gone sooner. Also there is another review confirming a G0 and down to $319, still a little to go though.

It's hard to imagine anybody moving stock as fast as Newegg, regardless of price. So, if ... IF new shipments from Intel are all G0 I would think Newegg is the best bet at this point. But if there are still B3s mixed in with the source shipments, some people just got lucky.

Interestingly, you can pick up the X3220 Xeon chip (same specs as Q6600) for $300 shipped right now at the Egg ... of course, there is probably an even lower chance of picking up a G0 stepping on that processor, although that would seem to be the golden model.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117127&Tpk=x3220

I think I'll just wait for another price drop on the Q6600 and cross my fingers.

nullptr said:
It's hard to imagine anybody moving stock as fast as Newegg, regardless of price. So, if ... IF new shipments from Intel are all G0 I would think Newegg is the best bet at this point. But if there are still B3s mixed in with the source shipments, some people just got lucky.

Interestingly, you can pick up the X3220 Xeon chip (same specs as Q6600) for $300 shipped right now at the Egg ... of course, there is probably an even lower chance of picking up a G0 stepping on that processor, although that would seem to be the golden model.

yup completely agreed, I am going to check Microcenter tomorrow who should be getting a new shipment in. Hopefully they are G0's, otherwise I will just wait on my preorder from Tankguys.

GTengineer said:
yup completely agreed, I am going to check Microcenter tomorrow who should be getting a new shipment in. Hopefully they are G0's, otherwise I will just wait on my preorder from Tankguys.

I was also going to check them out today actually, their prices have gone up unfortunately ...$365 for the Q6600

torin3 said:
Getting less so, though. Down to $329.99 this morning.

sad thing, local computer hardware retailer where i live is selling G0 q6600's for 339.99 RETAIL

newegg needs to get a reality check and realize they're supposed to have online-type prices, not near retail

joesaiditstrue said:
sad thing, local computer hardware retailer where i live is selling G0 q6600's for 339.99 RETAIL

newegg needs to get a reality check and realize they're supposed to have online-type prices, not near retail
what is the stored called?

Just called a local computer store (ComputerStop) in the Seattle area, they had 2 G0s today but just sold the last one @ $330. They expected to have more G0s tomorrow. I'm going to be driving past Fry's tonight, so I think I'll check there also. I know they have them in stock @ $290, but unsurprisingly they sounded dumbfounded when asked about the stepping. Sounds like there's a good chance I'll be able to pick up a G0 reasonably soon (no Newegg lottery) and support my local friendly computer store in the process, in any case.

Sniper.nkc said:
If you want a guarantee G0, Tankguys will have them. It cost me $294.99 for retail Q6600 plus shipping.
yeah I have an preorder with Tankguys but if I can get one earlier for a similar price I will jump on it.

I went to the Cambridge/MA MicroCenter and they were all sold out. Wishfull thinking leads me to hope that they get G0s to restock the shelves. It is good news for me as I need to buy at least 4 of them for upcoming systems and will definetly take the pick of the litter.

All the Egg succeeded in doing for me was to push me to a new vendor (Zipzoomfly)
Once a new company gets on my list with a trouble free sale, I tend to keep using them.

This coming from a long time egg customer.(Jason are you reading this?):p

Edit and these kinda of comments always rub me the wrong way, from whatever planet they come from.:D

I would spend more every time just to make sure it came from newegg
Also this was posted after the one from the OP

I got my q6600 yesterday and when i opened the package, much to my dismay, I saw what i had hoped not to see: SL9UM on the side of the box. I had a chat session with customer support and spoke with *Gilbert* and he put the RMA in with the intent to get me G0. I wouldn't have bothered posting this yet had i not seen the other reviews that said Newegg is probably only shipping G0 Q6600, but i have found this is not the case.

There price is dropping fast tho.

Last edited:
Back