• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

killed my mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BenF

I think I might have destroyed my mobo. I have a biostart t-965 (the rest of my comp is in my sig). The mobo came with a live bios update program. I decided to use it to update to the latest bios. Anyways...the program started updating the bios and nearly finished but at that moment I lost power. After power came back on my computer would turn on (the fans would start etc..) but it would not boot. Is there anyway of fixing this? Or is it impossible? If it isn't fixable should I be able to rma it? I purchased it through newegg. Should I contact them about it or should I contact biostar?

Thanks for the help :)

Talk about bad luck. The absolute worst time to lose power.:-/

Yeah I would contact biostar but it's probably going to need an rma.

Added, I would probably just go through newegg if it's a recent purchase.

When I didn't have an ups while ago, prayin while updating bios was mandatory for me ! :D

BenF said:
I think I might have destroyed my mobo. I have a biostart t-965 (the rest of my comp is in my sig). The mobo came with a live bios update program. I decided to use it to update to the latest bios. Anyways...the program started updating the bios and nearly finished but at that moment I lost power. After power came back on my computer would turn on (the fans would start etc..) but it would not boot. Is there anyway of fixing this? Or is it impossible? If it isn't fixable should I be able to rma it? I purchased it through newegg. Should I contact them about it or should I contact biostar?

Thanks for the help :)
Sorry to hear that! :-/

If it locks/gets interrupted while flashing, its gone. There are ways to recover and re-write it, but you need another working BIOS chip. Either RMA the board, or buy a replacement BIOS chip off their site.

BenF said:
Thanks for the quick replies...I'm going to rma the board to newegg asap.
Problem solved, NewEgg will get it done :cool:

Back