• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the lowest VCore setting allowed in your BIOS ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bing

Low Profile Senior
I know certain asus model it is 1.1000 Volt, how about Abit, DFI and other brand owners ?

Please share & mention your mobo model too, tia.

Last edited:
Ok, ignore the VID, its just I want to know how low you can set in the bios, doesn't mean you can boot with it. :)

I don't think that you understood me - on recent abits the lowest Vcore selectable for that CPU is it's VID.
So, if you drop in a CPU with a lower VID then your lowest selectable Vcore drops to reflect that - i.e. you can't undervolt the CPU at all (except by C1E/EIST).

Oh, IC and sorry I misunderstood it ! So the bios at Abit is smart and locked the lowest vcore as the cpu vid right ? Ok then the lowest of course the VID it self. :D

Hmm.. its different on Asus, the bios is dumb, it never cares whats your CPU VID, its just allowed you to decrease the VCore even lower than your VID, yep, it can undervolt the CPU. :)

Thanks.

If that's the case then I'm glad I got the Gigabyte board!

I guess not being able to go lower isn't that big a deal for me, but for someone trying to run a quad w/ a stock cooler this could be an issue.

Asus P5k-dlx: 1.1000V

Not relevant but: my Xeon 3060 is 100% stable (24 Hours orthos and anything I throw at it) at the next setting which is 1.1125V :D

One Bull said:
Asus P5k-dlx: 1.1000V

Not relevant but: my Xeon 3060 is 100% stable (24 Hours orthos and anything I throw at it) at the next setting which is 1.1125V :D

Thanks for the info One Bull. I'll have to see how low the E6850 can go.

Thanks, One Bull !

And Dudley, don't forget to share your results at UVOC thread ! :)

bing said:
Thanks, One Bull !

And Dudley, don't forget to share your results at UVOC thread ! :)

Don't worry I won't. I'm just as curios as everyone else as to seeing how low it will go.

Back