• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

not getting any picture

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Swatman

yesterday i had problems getting my pc to actually turn on.. now that i got it on, there is no picture on my screen . can someone help? and yes everything is plugged in

^ lol. cant turn safe mode on if my screen is blank when i turn on my computer

^ Yes.

I also didn't realize that you weren't even POSTing. No error beeps? Just powers up and does nothing?

Everything else spooling/clicking/dancing? System beeps? Don't mean to sound like a pessimist but did you put in the PCI-E power cable?

yes PCIE cable is in.

no beeps at all. everything starts up fine only no picture on monitor

DorianBrytestar said:
wait.. so when it's out of the case, things work ok, but when it's in the case, you get no picture at all on the monitor?

yep lol i dont know whats causing it, everything seems good according to swat i was thinking it was the standings for the motherboard maybe had one in a wrong spot but nope its all fine.

waiting on his 8800gts to come to give it another shot

Are you positive that the system is starting up? i.e. are there some sounds that come up when the thing finishes booting, or does it make a printer move, or are you able to hold the keyboard key down and hear sound from keyclicks?

Just because it does not give any error beeps don't assume it started fine and just has no display.

listen guys when i turn on the computer it turns on there is no screen on my monitor. there are no sounds because im not hooked up to speakers

Are you overclocked or stock? And am I understanding correctly, you said when it's out of the case everything is good, you have video? Have you cleared the cmos?

when it is OUT and IN of the case it does not turn on the screen

I've got the same problem, no beeps, no display, but fans on. Here's what I've tried to do. I tried a new motherboard, video card, and CPU. Does nothing. I'm now thinking it's either the RAM or the PSU. If you had problems turning it on in the first place, I would think it has something to do with the PSU. I'm thinking of trying a new PSU aswell. If that doesn't work I'll have enough parts to have a new computer! If you have a spare PSU lying around I would try that.

its not ram because ive tried different sticks. its not PSU cuz it powers everything fine

Back