• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No signal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ASUS ROG

Hey guys, so the other day i was putting together another pc using some of my old hardware
AMD ryzen 7 5800x
Asus prime X570 pro
EVGA RTX 2080
32gb ddr4 3200
Corsair AX1200I

everything was plugin fine but when i turn on the pc, plugin the hdmi cable, there is no gignal, switch to another gpu, there also no signal, i went out to bought a brand new 5800x to replace the old one, still no signal.
anybody have any advice or solution, please help

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 10
You have EZ Debug lights in the upper right corner (north of the 24-pin ATX connector). What light remains lit (if any)? That will tell you where the problem is if it's not completing POST/booting.

That said, I don't see anything plugged into the video card in this picture (that gray cable, maybe, looks like it goes past the card though??)....are you using the HDMI on the rear IO of the motherboard?? That only works when using a CPU equipped with integrated graphics (your CPU does not). You need to use the HDMI on the video card to your monitor.

You have EZ Debug lights in the upper right corner (north of the 24-pin ATX connector). What light remains lit (if any)? That will tell you where the problem is if it's not completing POST/booting.

That said, I don't see anything plugged into the video card in this picture (that gray cable, maybe, looks like it goes past the card though??)....are you using the HDMI on the rear IO of the motherboard?? That only works when using a CPU equipped with integrated graphics (your CPU does not). You need to use the HDMI on the video card to your monitor.
yup, i was plug the hdmi cable in the mobo IO but still no signal
Post magically merged:

And it orange light, could it be RAM issues

Ok............

So, to be clear, it WAS plugged into the motherboard, then you plugged it into the video card and still no signal??

I'll ask again what LED is lit up in the EZ debug area while it's sitting there. Do they go through all of them then shut off or does one remain lit? If so, which one?

Btw i didn't know you're still here ED :cool:
Post magically merged:

Ok............

So, to be clear, it WAS plugged into the motherboard, then you plugged it into the video card and still no signal??

I'll ask again what LED is lit up in the EZ debug area while it's sitting there. Do they go through all of them then shut off or does one remain lit? If so, which one?
orange, so maybe RAM issue because i know for sure it not the motherboard and PSU and CPU fault

Attachments

• thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Picking up on what Earthdog asked about, The Ryzen 5800x does not have built in graphics so make sure you are connecting the HDMI cable to one of the video card's HDMI ports and not the motherboard HDMI port., if it turns out to not be a RAM problem. Concerning the possible RAM issue, take all but one stick out at a time and swap them in one at a time to find the bad stick or sticks. Also, go into bios and make sure you have chosen the correct frequency for the speed of the RAM. The 5800X memory controller is stout enough that I believe it should handle four sticks of 8gb RAM but 2x16gb would be less of a strain on it. So try just two sticks and make sure (check your motherboard manual) they are in the correct memory slots.

Btw i didn't know you're still here ED
We own the place now. ;)

Make sure the RAM is seated properly. Take them all out and put them all back in. Try with two IN THE PROPER SLOTS (see manual).

What memory is that, exactly? Is it on the QVL list?

I wonder what BIOS version that has on it. As soon as you can get into it, update it to ensure support for the CPU and RAM.

We own the place now. ;)

Make sure the RAM is seated properly. Take them all out and put them all back in. Try with two IN THE PROPER SLOTS (see manual).

What memory is that, exactly? Is it on the QVL list?

I wonder what BIOS version that has on it. As soon as you can get into it, update it to ensure support for the CPU and RAM.
dam, i got it to post lol
Thank ED and Trents (y)

Btw, ram is t force night hawk 4 stick of 8gb, it the only ddr4 ram with rgb that i have and my niece , she like rgb

Attachments

• thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 3
So what actually worked to get it to post? If you add back in the other two sticks without having changed something in bios, you will have the same problem. Installing Windows won't fix what was wrong.

Last edited:
@EarthDog idk lol
Anyway, i got it to boot up, install window but then the next day, I've to went out of state for some contract work, came back home a few day ago, trying to put all the parts in the case and it decide not to boot up again :D
give me the same orange debug light so i though it ram problem, so i bought a new set of ram, but the pc still not boot
Post magically merged:

Maybe it the motherboard lol
im thinking about buying the Asrock X570
Post magically merged:

So what actually worked to get it to post? If you add back in the other two sticks without having changed something in bios, you will have the same problem. Installing Windows won't fix what was wrong.
@trents i have no idea dude, just re seat the ram and it boot up but now it acting up again :LOL:

Attachments

• thumbnail (5) 2.jpg
    thumbnail (5) 2.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 1
  • thumbnail 1.jpg
    thumbnail 1.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Yeah might be the ram module or the ram slot on the board. If you want to keep that particular board, just use 2 sticks that work instead of 4. Otherwise you'll have to swap the board out to use 4 sticks of ram.

@Nebulous I'm already on the second board lol, board is the ASUS prime x570
Post magically merged:

@Nebulous I'm already on the second board lol, board is the ASUS prime x570
may have to drive an hr to Micro center to buy me another brand of mobo, look like ASUS board don't like me

Attachments

• thumbnail (5).jpg
    thumbnail (5).jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 3
How about an MSI board? My current board is rock solid. My son has my other X570 MSI with a 3600X also rock solid. I chose MSI because I needed 6 SATA ports for my spinners.

The dependability of the boards became a plus.

I have the 5700x and I can tell you that it is very particular about the RAM. My only disappointment with the AMD camp is that it is finicky about RAM. I had to return some very nice Oylo(sp?) brand RAM for mine to work.

Back