• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maybe a bad EVGA 8600 GTS 512

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

notluzn

Registered
OK I just put together my new computer; a ASUS P5K-E Wifi, Intel Core Duo E6750, EVGA NVIDIA 8600 GTS 512 meg, OCZ 2 Gig PC6400 Dual Channel and a WD 250 gig Harddrive 16meg Buffer. and so on.. When I play JO-E and S.T.A.L.K.E.R., I get this thing "Warrior II" said looked like pixeling. Lots of errors in the graphics that look metallic here and threre in the screen.

We just updated the BIO's to the 0503 version on the motherboard, uninstalled the video driver and reinstalled the ones from NVIDIA and it still happens. It also doesn't do it on Age of Empires II and Flight Sim X. I bought everything off of newegg.com this week. If the card is bad I will send it back.

We are going to try a 6800 card tomorrow to see if that helps. Anyone ever experience this problem or something like it in a game?

If it is only doing it in two games and nothing else, thats probably not a bad card :beer:

badgraphicsvt4.png

I'd say those are video card artifacts. But again, I say it is very strange that it only does it in two games.

thideras said:
I'd say those are video card artifacts. But again, I say it is very strange that it only does it in two games.
it's only in game mode to. Even Aquamark3 didn't show anything and scored a 135,000

notluzn said:
it's only in game mode to. Even Aquamark3 didn't show anything and scored a 135,000

137k. ;)

thideras said:

My thoughts also. pixelating / artifacting, that made me think it's possible the vid card. But like you said, very strange it only does it in 2 games.

It's running at stock speeds, no OC to it.
It shouldn't do it at all though.

WarriorII said:
137k. ;)

My thoughts also. pixelating / artifacting, that made me think it's possible the vid card. But like you said, very strange it only does it in 2 games.

It's running at stock speeds, no OC to it.
It shouldn't do it at all though.
Oops. LOL Well lets hope that your card will work. :)

Update:
Installed 6800 Ultra , the 8600 ended up being bad.

Off to RMA it goes.

Remember guys, even if it's "new" that doesn't mean it works.
It's suppose to. :eek:

Yep, the 6800 works fine. Im going to install the 1800xt in while mine is out. Thanks Chuck

If you still have the card, you should do loops on nature with 3DMark06 and see if it artifacts. Really beat the crap out of that card. :D

notluzn said:
I just want to send it out and get a good one back. :))
I understand :soda:

But I always make sure that without a doubt when I RMA something, it has a re-producable problem. That is just me though :D

He showed it to me in both games a couple of times.

Ran Aquamark3 to see if it'd hold up, get worse, or....?
Nothing happened. 137k score.

Uninstalled, reinstalled drivers.
Rebooted.

Updated mobo BIOS. still there.

Swapped out cards and all is fine.

Hmm, if problem did not follow, that is definitely a video card issue.

Back