• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer Does Not Turn On :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raralith

I read the guide about troubleshooting but none of them seem to be working. I am hoping that someone here might be able to help me solve this problem because I'm pretty confused.

Specs:
E6600
GA-G33M-DS2R
2x 1gig Ballistix
7600GT
Westinghouse 37"

So I had it originally my clock at 9*333 and than I brought it up to 9*350 along with some vcore but was not stable. Well, last night I woke up and saw that my computer was off. I turn it back on and changed it to 9*333, lowered the vcore, easied my ram timings (as 4-4-4-10 chanced to 4-4-4-14) and lowered my ram volts from 2.2 to 1.8. Well, now my computer does not work. I clicked my cmos jumpers to reboot it, no dice. Took out the battery, no dice. It might have been my minitor so I tried it with a VGA cord, DVI to HDMI, DVI to DVI, onboard video, removed the video card and used the onboard video only. I get no beeps on any of these but when I remove my ram, my computer beeps like crazy. I can't see how I harmed my comptuer by lowering my timing and volts. Anyone have any other ideas or what is going on?

Ok, when you reset the CMOS, did you unplug the computer (or flip the switch in the back). Cause you NEED to do that, otherwise the standby voltage keeps the settings :beer:

Pretty basic, but I just wanted to make sure you did. :D

:welcome: to the forums!!!

Yes, I unplugged the power cable. I am starting to take all the non essentials out now, kind of a pain and regretting going SFF with a MicroFly since it has no room heh. Any mroe ideas would be appreciated!

And thanks for the welcome ;)

****, it's one of my Ballistix sticks T.T Could lowering my ram volts cause my ram to not function anymore?

Last edited:
Back