• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Running AGP and PCI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

coldeh

Registered
How do i set my pc up to run a AGP (primary) and PCI (secondary) at the same time? When I put the 2nd graphics card into the machine it wont boot. Do i need to change some settings to make it recognise one as the boot device?

Thanks

For me (its been a few years) I had to change the video settings in the BIOS I think. Try that.

ya bro
the bios should support the feature to boot from different buses
otherwise u cant do it..
oh! another thing is u cann't activate two buses at a time u will have to choose only one....so the other one will be deactivated

I think you might need to select AGP or PCI bus in your bios as the video boot source. I think it is probably set at PCI right now so your not getting video at boot on your AGP card.

Im curious why you dont just use Hydravision on the 1650 and hook up the 2 monitors to the computer that way? An old PCI video card wont have anything on the second output off the 1650...

Back