• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No boot/restore CD, What do to?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Colton H

Well my old Emachine computer is ready to get wiped. The only thing is I dont have the restore cd's or Boot Cds. Is there anyway to restore it to factory settings or reformat it. I just dont have any windows cd's either. I don't really have the money to go buy some either. So yea... Any suggestions would be nice.. :)

Lol you are going to wipe the hard drive and you do not have an operating system to install after the wipe?

Sounds like you need to download and burn some *nux cd's and convert over to a flavor of linux.

Or just clean up and repair the current windows install.

Otherwise it will just be a doorstop.

Lol you are going to wipe the hard drive and you do not have an operating system to install after the wipe?

Sounds like you need to download and burn some *nux cd's and convert over to a flavor of linux.

Or just clean up and repair the current windows install.

Otherwise it will just be a doorstop.

Darn, thanks for the quick reply though. I have already done everything I could to speed this computer up but its just to much of a hassle. Bye bye.

Back