• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think I've fried something...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

switch2

I've had 2 x 7900 GS's in SLI mode for about 6 months with Danger Den water blocks on the gpus and Zalman ram sinks on the vrams. Both cards were over clocked a lot during this time, default clocks are 500MHz gpu/1380 MHz vram and I've had them clocked at 600Mhz gpu/1500Mhz vram (gpu temps around 38C under load). They have always ran fine until recently when I started getting game freezes, artifacting and nv4_disp.dll bsod errors while playing games. Also I get desktop freezing while resizing windows on the desktop. I have formatted XP twice and installed 3 different versions of nvidia drivers and as soon as I get the video driver installed, the same problems appear.

For testing I disabled SLI and moved the 2nd card to the primary slot and had the same issues. I have also put in an almost brand new 7100 GS for testing that I left in over night. While I didn't initially see the problems I was having before, they were back the next morning.

The system is an e6600 with a water block running at 3.6Ghz and there is also a water block on the Asus P5N-E north bridge. I think I have ruled out the video cards being fried (as in vram), is it possible that either the pci-e slot is toast or something else on the board?

Thanks.

Its a BFG 650W, also the whole system is just under 4 months old.

Back