• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman ZM-MFC2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oakstave

I just ordered this Multi Fan Controller from Frozenpc. It should be here on 9/6. I'm sick of having to crack the case and adjust the little switches on the Antec 900.

It has 4 temperature sensors. May I have some opinions on where to stick them? (Remember, this is a G-rated forum...) :)

Two for the hardrives... One for ambient?

The rig's in the sig.

I have one of these coming to me as well. I plan on putting one on the processor (or as close as I can get to it), one on the backside of the GPU (or on the memory or power chips), one on the HDD. The last one I haven't quite decided yet if I want it on the memory, chipset, or just in the case as ambient temperature (I'll probably designate it as an ambient temperature probe though).

Thanks gvblake!

Yeah, I have some concerns about how I'm going to get a probe close enough to the cpu to get a good reading, but that's where I want it too. The Scythe Ninja Rev.B is huge. I'll probably have to remove the MB just to get an angle of attack. I guess I'll just tuck it under the bottom fin as close to the die as possible. That's one.

One for the harddrives. that's two.

I have a crossfire system. I suppose the top (master) card will be the hotter of the two. Backside of the vpu? That's three.

There's that little tin shack on the motherboard Northbridge for the p5w-dh. Would you tape the probe on the top of this sink? Tuck it into one of the internal fins?

Thanks for the response.

With the Scythe Ninja, you could probably just tape it to the underside of the heatsink on the heatpipes right next to the base; that would probably be pretty warm and fairly easy to do.

With Crossfire, you could just tape the probe to the backside of each card near the GPU or power chips, I've noticed those are the hottest, most easily accessible places on a video card.

The 975X chipset NB core is small enough that you can probably actually just pull the heatsink and place the temp sensor right next to it...
ChipsetTempProbe.jpg

Back