• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVI Problem with Acer AL2223W

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tech2487

Just this weekend i purchased an Acer AL2223W 22" LCD. looks good except for the stuck red pixel but i am trying to forget about that. anyway i'm having the same problem that a few people had who reviewed this monitor.

when using the digital input and using the correct resolution (1680x1050) the display is stretched and about 80 pixels are cut off of the right side. and if i move my mouse over there the screens pans to view that extra 80 pixel wide area. and i can pan back too by moving my mouse to the other side.

the digital input works on on 2 other comptuer i tried.
the analog input works great on the same computer i am having problems with.

so why can't i use 1680x1050 with my computer using the digital input.

I am using an AGP nvidia 6600GT by XFX. i'm using the latest driver release from nvidia's site.

i'm hoping, that with some help i can come up with a solution for everyone since i know that i am not the only one with this problem. any advise?

Have you tried DVI-D cable?

And latest drivers arent always the best. Try Beta drivers. I had great luck with 162.50 drivers.

Try going into the nVidia control panel, assuming you have the latest drivers. (i had the same problem with my Acer 22")

go to manage custom resolutions, and then just create the 1680x1050 resolution there, and your problems are solved. I couldn't go further than 1600x1200 but with this, I was able to reach the maximum res of 1680x1050.

Good luck!

It is a DVI-D cable.

I tried to get the beta driver but can't find it for XP 32bit and a 6600 GT. chances you can post a link for me?

thanks for the help.

Have you tried DVI-D cable?

And latest drivers arent always the best. Try Beta drivers. I had great luck with 162.50 drivers.

I can already go up to that res and higher. But i took a look at the custom resolution options and i like what i see so far. when i get home i will try that with the digital cable.

But what would you recommend setting the back-end parameters to? or should i just leave it on auto?

Thanks for the advise. by the way, what model is your acer?

Try going into the nVidia control panel, assuming you have the latest drivers. (i had the same problem with my Acer 22")

go to manage custom resolutions, and then just create the 1680x1050 resolution there, and your problems are solved. I couldn't go further than 1600x1200 but with this, I was able to reach the maximum res of 1680x1050.

Good luck!

I can already go up to that res and higher. But i took a look at the custom resolution options and i like what i see so far. when i get home i will try that with the digital cable.

But what would you recommend setting the back-end parameters to? or should i just leave it on auto?

Thanks for the advise. by the way, what model is your acer?

My model is an Acer AL2216W, it's cheap yet wonderful, a week after I bought it (which was two weeks ago), it got voted customer choice award on Newegg. And I haven't touched the back-end parameter settings... so leave it on Auto, I guess.

BETA driver download here

Thanks for the link. I was able to get the driver. but more importantly, i just now found the link on the nvidia site to get to them myself if i need to again.

My model is an Acer AL2216W, it's cheap yet wonderful, a week after I bought it (which was two weeks ago), it got voted customer choice award on Newegg. And I haven't touched the back-end parameter settings... so leave it on Auto, I guess.

BETA driver download here

Good News! the Beta Driver did the trick. I would have had no idea. Now I am using the digital input exclusively. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Back