• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockability of Intel E2180 CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kittyhawk

Registered
So far, Tomshardware has only mentioned that the Intel E2160 is capable of 3.2GHz with only stock cooling. They did not try out a E2180.
--------
By how much can the Intel E2180 be overclocked to with the stock cooler?
Can it be run at 1333fsb?

I would appreciate info from those who have overclocked the E2180 :)

thats cause the 2180 just came out like.. last week and hasnt been available. A lot of people are getting very good overclocks with these 2180's too, in the 3.6-3.9+ range.
Intel also lowered the price on the 2140 and 60 so the 80 is a really appealing chip now at around $100.

I have a 2160 and im pretty happy with it for the most part. the build its in was meant to be a tinker toy with intel, and be cheap at it. Mine runs 3.5 np but it maxes out the motherboards vcore at 1.6, after droop its closer to 1.54.

2180's will do a little better since they can reach higher clocks with lower fsb speed which if your using a 965/nvidia setup is to your advantage. 2140's can reach really high fsb which favours a p35, but the 2160 is right smack dab in the middle. some can do 400 fsb, where most will top out in the 390 range.

still the decision though of buying a 2180 to mess with, or just springing the extra for a e4300. toughy call.

Back