• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

rma options?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IAmMoen

So I have a xfx 7900gs with a zalman 9500 cooler on it. It idles at 70C and gets over 130C in game! The zalman has been remounted twice, the dust blown out of the fins, and the fan is indeed running.

So can I RMA the thing to xfx or is that option gone as soon as I removed the stock cooler?

you might need to visit xfx's website to see if the warranty is void. I know this doesn’t help much, but I know eVGA let’s you remove the stock HSF w/o voiding the warranty barring you don’t damage the card.

/also what kind of clocks were you running that she would load @ 130* C in-game – my gosh that’s hot

130c YIKES! I think my Asus 7900GS throttles at 130c. But in all honesty it only ever got as high as 84c on stock cooling. With my Zalman absolute max I ever saw it is 50c. Good luck with the RMA. I have no idea what XFX policy is :(

XFX's warranty page states, "Products received by XFX must be in original condition and must be complete with all original components to be covered by the protection." They might get you on the "original condition".

Back