• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista 32bit or 64bit Ultimate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jetster220

Which is the better choice to go with? How many driver problems are there with the 64bit version. I will basically be using the rig in my sig, expect Im upgrading to larger HDD's and a 8800GTX.

If you buy Ultimate, you get both 32 and 64bit, try them both and see what one you like the most.

I have both and like 64, But if you want to play it safe and you dont need 4+ gig of ram, most go 32bit.

It all depends on RAM. If you have 4GB or more of RAM, go 64 bit, otherwise, 32 bit. The only advantage to 64 bit os's is the ability to access more RAM.

Well, I know Ill be upgrading to 4GB when I upgrade to Vista, so looks like Ill go 64bit.

I was just curious about how the driver compatiblity was, I remember hearing stories of XP64 with drivers and wanted to make sure that they had improved upon that with Vista64.

Vista 64 has a lot of driver issues still, but you won't get more than about 3.5gb of RAM - your video card ram if you use Vista 32.

The only thing I can say on the Vista 64bit driver issue is, I have none!
But then again, I all ways plain out my builds and make sure there are drivers for them no matter what OS I may be using.

Back