• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Orthos Errored, not sure what the cause is.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UnrealAlex

After 3 minutes one core got the error:
"FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
Torture Test ran 3 minutes 30 seconds - 1 errors, 0 warnings.
Execution halted."
stress.txt is nowhere to be found btw.

Im at 425x8, 1.39v, memory is at 850, 5-5-5-18, 2.2v
Should I raise the voltage more?

I must the Ultima-90 is kickass, my temps have yet to go above 50.

If it failed out in 3 minutes you might need to bump up the voltage 2 or more notches. Still, try bumping it up just one. Your temps are in check for sure...give that chip the juice it craves.

I raised it to 1.406(2 notches), it errored after 6.5 minutes this time. Geuss I'll go up a few more notches. Should I raise the northbridge voltage or something? Or is that not needed at this point? Could it be a factor?

I'm not familiar with your mobo, but if you haven't increased your NB voltages above stock and you are 400+FSB it might be a good idea to bump them up as well.

I'll let other people who have 6x50 experience chime in, along with your mobo. On my P5B/E6600 (watercooled) it takes me 1.35v set in the bios (1.272v loaded) to hit about 3350. Something besides your CPU could be causing instability, but that's just a guess.

The DS3R at 400MHz FSB did not need any NB voltage increase even with my Q6600@ 3.6GHz and 4 sticks of RAM. You may try adding +0.1V but I doubt it is that, you most likely just need more vcore.

I set it at like 1.41 something and it ran with no errors for an hour. I'll test it for longer overnight. My temps peaked at 50, would it be safe to go further?

I set it at like 1.41 something and it ran with no errors for an hour. I'll test it for longer overnight. My temps peaked at 50, would it be safe to go further?

Aren't the temp thresholds on the 6x50 series chips higher than the 6x00 chips?

I try to keep my E6600 at or below 65c. I'm sure you'd be safe with that as your ceiling as well.

I meant in terms of voltage, isn't a certain voltage too high even if the temps are in check?

On air cooling you'll generally run into a max temp ceiling before you risk frying the chip with voltage.

I ran my E6600 at 1.6v for some 4000mhz runs with sub zero ambients for a couple hours and had no problems. I'd rather not go over 1.5 for a max daily loaded on water. You should be safe up to 1.5v as well, but you'll probably max your temps out around the same voltage.

Back