• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build....Any Thoughts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jinu

this is a rig that i am building for a friend and yes, money is NO object. so here is what i went with.
q6600 - im am being cheap and conscious about this one. didnt see the price to performance advantage.
ASUS Striker Extreme - are there any other better mobo's out there?
G.Skill PC2 6400 Model F2-6400CL6D-4GBMQ 8gb's
EVGA GeForce 8800GTX 768MB
and throw it all in a
COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 Evolution w/ the 1000w psu that comes with it.

now, this rig will also be watercooled.

any thought, mainly on a better mobo, would be greatly appreciated.

Is it only going to be the one video card? if SLI isn't planned, i'd look at the Asus P5K Premium black pearl instead. No point in ponying up the cash for an SLI mobo if there isn't going to be a second card to SLI :p

~ Gos

That will be a sexy computer, but since budget is not a problem, why not get a placeholder cpu and replace it with the new ones that come out in november? Just find a cheap core 2 duo used somewhere.
also why do you need 8 gb?

That will be a sexy computer, but since budget is not a problem, why not get a placeholder cpu and replace it with the new ones that come out in november? Just find a cheap core 2 duo used somewhere.
also why do you need 8 gb?

he wants 8 gb cause.........he wants 8 gb. lol. no other reason.

what cores are coming out in nov?

Back