• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft Office 2007 Groove Monitor Removal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WHB456

Registered
Hello, this thread is to address the program in Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise Edition named Groove Monitor. The subject i will talk about is removing Groove from your PC. There are a lot of inquiries on the Web as to how can it be disabled or removing the bundled program. when installing Office 2007 I was aware that Groove had been installed but as time went on I began to realized that it showed up in System Configuration Utilities startup tab, but when you stop it from starting some say that it mysteriously restarts which i had never noticed, which we know you can stop the program from running at startup through the System Configuration Utility, so i began looking for solutions as to how I could totally disable Groove, I did a Google search for the solution but didn't come across a good solution as to how it could be done.

This is when the solution came to me and this is how to do it, many are looking for the solution when it is right under there nose, some are looking for a Groove Monitor entry in Add and Remove which there is no entry because Groove is bundled into Office, it is as simple as going to (Add and Remove>Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007>Change (not Remove)>Check the Add or Remove Features button>Go to the Microsoft Office Groove entry then expand then check Not Available), there will be a red X placed there, then click continue, then let the removal process do it's thing and you will no longer have Groove on your PC.

Last edited:
Back