• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6750 oc problems, need help :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rissien

Registered
Hey folks. I have a problem with overclocking e6750 and its stability. I really dont know what is holding me down, maybe its the psu? Here is the thing:

i've set the ram at 2.2v, set the cpu voltage at 1.45v, disabled cpu thermal control, disabled ce1, set the fsb to 438 (8*438 equals 3504), pcie is locked at 100mhz, RAM divider is at 1:1, ram timings are set at 4-4-4-12 (i've even tried the 5-5-5-12 setting, auto setting etc). It boots correctly, works in windows for a couple of minutes and then freezes. Whatever i raise it does the same thing. But thats not all...if i only try to oc from 2.6 to lets say 2.9 or 3.0ghz it does the same thing....just boots into windows, works for a couple of mins and then freezes. I would really really need your help people.

Here is my rig:

core 2 duo e6750 + thermalright ultra 120 - extreme + scythe s-flex 1600rpm
abit ip35
2x 1gb crucial ballistix 800mhz
8800gts superclocked
620W Corsair PSU
antec nine hundred gaming case

thank you very much for all of your help & suggestions.

Last edited:
my money would be on the PSU pal, that watt is just about reaching the requirements for the EVGA card, then with the added requirements of the overclocking it will start to struggle. Did it run ok when not OC'd?

my system is very similar, i run an overclocked EVGA superclock 8800gts and the same processor overclcoked to around 3.5ghz.. it runs fine on the asus p5k motherboard. very stable. I am going to push it more when i get in from work too.

My PSU is a thermaltake toughpower 750w, a great PSU and not too much ££££

Runs all rails very stable.

Yea i thought it could be the psu...It works great without being overclocked, stable, no crashes etc......do you guys think that corsair 620w hx series is a good psu or do you recommend i buy something else maybe? what about that thermaltake 750w you mentioned sambo? is it worth the money?

I would most definately say that it is PSU related.

The crosair PSU's are good, but from past experience and research on the net, pay the little extra and get the best. There is no point in skimping on your PSU.

Maybe go for a higher wattage enermax as that is what you are used to.

The Thermaltake one has been superb, it is modular too meaning no untidy wires and is extremely quiet too, near silent. Retains superd voltage through out the rails also.

Plenty of outputs if you run a demanding system, and futureproof for a good few years in case you ever decide to SLi your system.

@meionm - its a fresh windows xp/vista dual boot instalation, tried both xp and vista and they both freeze

@Evilsizer - yea i'm in the EU area, Croatia :) i'll look at the list...thank you very much.

ps - omg voodoo 5 5500, i didnt see that graphic card for a looooooooooooong time! :)

i've bought the corsair 620w PSU cause many people suggested that i should do that......but everything is the same as before with my 460w psu. i just can't oc whatever i do....so that makes me wonder what to do next..any suggestions people? i'm really desperate, please help me somehow :(

ty

As far as I know that Corsair is an excellent PSU, and shouldn't be giving you problems.

Have you run memtest on your RAM?

Do you have another HDD you can use to test?

Maybe you could list all your BIOS settings. There might be something simple that you have set wrong.

I didn't run any memtests on my ram, i can try that. I'm using 2 serial ata hdd's. Seagate & hitachi. OS is on a hitachi hdd and movies/games/etc are on seagate. I'll restart my computer now so i can write down everything i've changed in the bios, in the meanwhile....why do i need another hdd to test? you think that it could be the hdd?

I've tried 1 loop of memory testing, everything worked without any errors.

here are the things i have in my bios:

Softmenu:

External Clock : 438 mhz
Multiplier: 8x
Dram Speed (CPU:DRAM): 1:1
Pcie : 100mhz

voltages:

cpu core: 1.45v
ddr2: 2.2v
cpu vtt: 1.2v
ich 1.50v: 1.50v
mch 1.25v: 1.25v
cpu gtlref: 63 %

CPU features

Thermal control - disabled
limit cpuid maxval - disabled
c1e - disabled
execute disable bit - enabled
intel virtualization technology - enabled
eist - disabled

my ram configuration:

tcl - 4
trcd - 4
trp - 4
tras - 12

all other values are set to auto because i dont know at which value i should set them at. i've tried everything with my ram timings, even the auto setting....it just does the same thing....locks up in windows whatever fsb you choose that isn't the default 333mhz one.

there i hope those values could help ya out a bit in helping me solve my problem. maybe my mbo is toast?

change the fsb down 5-10mhz, other then though sounds like it could be ram related. loosen the timings a bit or up the voltage to the ram if your gona try to stay with cas4.

I'd do more than one pass w/ memtest...try to let it run overnight.

It may not be your HDD, but I'm just trying to eliminate everything one at a time. Have you tried different Sata cables or at least re-seating the cables?

Double-check all your connections to make sure they are solid.

I've just changed both of my serial ata cables....it didn't fix anything. Checked all connections, they seem to be solid...i've fastened them till the end. I've also tried to change ram slots, still the same. I dunno if it makes any difference....but when i put 400fsb that equals 3200 mhz, my cpu booted into windows and i was missing icon graphics on some of my icons and also...i had some weird artifacts on my screen that went away when i pressed refresh...and another problem exists now....my onboard lan doesn't work anymore, whatever i do it doesnt work. It installs perfectly fine but when you plug in the lan cable you cant connect to the internet/router/lan etc. Looks like i should RMA my board.

Call Abit, and see if they can help. They may be able to tell you for sure or not if it's the board.

It may be the board, but it can be frustrating when you get a replacement, and the same problem occurs. It's happened to me before.

It seems that every time I build a PC there is at least one component that needs to be RMA'd.

try at stock see what happens... after that try oced but with these settings.

move cpuvtt up one notch
set pcie speed =101
ich=1.55v
mch=1.30

did you install windows with out any issues? how did you install windows at stock speed or with the system oced?

try at stock see what happens... after that try oced but with these settings.

move cpuvtt up one notch
set pcie speed =101
ich=1.55v
mch=1.30

I think those settings should do it. You increased voltage on your DIMMS and CPU but not the motherboard.

I have an Abit IP35 with E6750 running @3.75 GHz (water cooled) with the following settings.

Vcore 1.41
VDIM 2.2
CPU VTT 1.23
ICH 1.55
MCH 1.4

PCI Bus 101

OCZ Platimun DDR2 800 1:1 5-5-5-15 2T

YEAH! I'm forever in debt guys! I'm running at 3.4ghz STABLE....yea you've read it correctly...STABLE :) :) :) i'm so happy now i could fly to the usa and buy you all a drink, dinner, everything!

I've done what you suggested....raised cpu vtt, ich, mch, and pciexpress clock and now everything works perfectly, i'm just gonna try orthos during the night to see if its stable 100% and then try higher clocks..once again ty for helping me out people, you're the greatest.

Hugs from me and my MBO :)

happy me :p

Back