• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIG downer with E6850

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Porkus

Registered
right i just purchased my new machine last week with an E6850 i ran 3dmark06 advanced edition that came with my Asus Striker mobo and my cpu score seems very very disapointing it is only about 2400 which i think for a 3ghz dual core is very very disapointing. the system is only running on stock no oc'ing yet any ideas y it is this bad??

thx luke

What about your overall score?

my overall score was 11k which is the highest i have ever had lol suppose cos ive never had a decent computer!!

but then again that is wierd because i had scores of like 5k, 5k, 2k but this adds up to 12k but 3dmark says 11k :S

When you overclock it you will see better results. compared to computers you can buy in the store, yours is fast. Compared to people on here your computer is slow. 06 is also geared more towards quad cores, a quad at 3ghz will beat your dual core.

Just as a comparison: my E6850 running 4.0GHz, 4G Ram (3.3 useable), and 8800 Ultra card pumped out a 13k7 3dM'06. I am at work now, but I can run the test again when I get home to give you a CPU score only.

As jmorgan said, your system is damn quick compared to pre-built equivalents. Its slow for comparing to this forum because we all tweak and overclock our systems like crazy. Once you start tweaking yours it will fall into line.

Just as a comparison: my E6850 running 4.0GHz, 4G Ram (3.3 useable), and 8800 Ultra card pumped out a 13k7 3dM'06. I am at work now, but I can run the test again when I get home to give you a CPU score only.

As jmorgan said, your system is damn quick compared to pre-built equivalents. Its slow for comparing to this forum because we all tweak and overclock our systems like crazy. Once you start tweaking yours it will fall into line.

yeh i dont seem to do any oc'ing because i am too scared of blowing summit up :S lol

kk can you get us a CPU score only that would be great thx

yeh i dont seem to do any oc'ing because i am too scared of blowing summit up :S lol

its ok for you to overclock as long as you know the procedure and make sure your pc is cool enough to handle it you"ll be fine...

Even if you don't know what your doing, it is very hard to kill modern computer hardware.

Just do some research, try small overclocks, see what the benefits are and then get hooked on! :D

Back