• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with NiBiTor3.5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

00MJR

I was wondering if someone that has experience with nibitor could help me out.

I've figured the settings I want my 8800gts to be set at

Core 648
Shader 1512
Memory 1000

I also want my fan to be set 100%.

I really want this to be set in gcard bios that way I don't need to mess with rivatuner and progs anymore. I just want to set it and be done with it. And if I need to go back to it later to change things.

I've been looking around trying to find a guide using nibitor with a 8800 but I can't find any that I feel confident using. Seeing if anyone on here have found anything or have done it before.

Thanks,

Matt R.

Last edited:
Here and here

I used their instructions to flash my card. I ended up flashing it back to stock, and just using RT. I still have to set the fan to 100%, so I have to use something anyway.

You will still have to use a 3rd party program to get the fan speed to run at 100%. Something about the bios on the card, even if flash the bios to run the fan at 100%, it will only run it at 100% of the default setting, not 100%. I've used NiBiTor to falsh my bios, but still have to use RivaTuner to keep the fan speed at 100% constant.

Alrighty, Well I was reading through the guides and some of it makes sense some doesn't lol.

So the shader is linked to the core...

What happens if you dont put the shader value with a core value that dont match on rivatuner?

In order for me to get the 1512 shader clock I want my core has to go to 648.

Is there a bottleneck between the core and mem? Like should I be setting the mem to a certian value in order to get the most out of it. I know its ok at 1000Mhz. I just didn't know if thats overkill to the core?

That guide is a bit old. They are linked if you use an older version of RT to OC your card. 2.05 and newer allow independent OCing of the core and shaders. Newer nVidia drivers allowed this.

I find the maxes independently using RT, and then set them all at their max, and make sure it works for extended periods. Only after doing this should you try flashing to these high settings. If it works in RT, and passes stress testing it should flash OK.

Don't worry about how the different clocks interact. Just run each one as fast as it will allow.

Ok, so if its not passing atitool cube then I shouldn't flash. It gets an error every 40 seconds. I also got orthos running to get it hot.

If your getting artifacts in ATI tool then chances are you'll have stability problems down the road. It may flash fine, but then you'll have to re-flash later to find something more stable, so your games don't lock-up or produce ugly artifacts. What's the point of high framerates if the image is all messed up?

I've played games and I'm not getting any problems.; TF2, Oblivion, CSS, whatnot. Just ATITool. I'm pretty sure its the mem thats getting to hot.

If your getting artifacts in ATI tool I wouldn't flash to those settings. That's just me, though. Try each slider individually, so you know which one is giving you problems. If you move them all together you'll waste a lot of time trying to figure out which one's giving you problems. Keep 2 at stock, and adjust 1 until you get artifacts. Write the number down. Move all sliders back to stock, and then try the next slider.

Thing is, I'm messing with Rivatuner and it still isn't showing a shader slider. I'm just seeing core clock and memory clock.

Back