• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max. OC - noob question?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deras4

Hey guys

I am new to the forum, and completely green regarding OC. I would like to try to OC my system, but I do not know how much it can take... I know how to OC it, but have never dared to try.

My spec’s are:

Motherboard – ASUS A8N-SLI Socket 939
Graphic interface – PCI-Express x16
Memory – 1024 MB DDR Dual
CPU – AMD Athlon 64 3200+
CPU Speed – 2015.0 MHz
Power Supply Make/Model – TAGAN TG530-U15
Watt output/Amperage – 2 x 20A (33A)

How can I find out how much my system can cope?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to O/C forums! :welcome:

First off check out the great info here .

The 3200+ you have could go to 2.5-2.6Ghz depending on a few factors:

A) If the ram can run higher speed ( we don't know the brand since you did'nt post it)

B) Depending on what type of cooling you have

C) What 3200+ core you have. If it's winchester or venice

D) Your board will limit you as it doesn't have a high Vcore option for the cpu.

Another thing to consider is not all systems will oc high and will "cope" @ high speeds.

Check out the basics here to get a general understanding on what you'll be up against. Ocing takes alot of time and alot of patience. There are also alot of risks like frying and killing parts, so if you're squeamish and are concerned about killing your new hardware and voiding warranties, then ocing isn't for you. Be advised when you start overclocking we are not responsible for what happens to your hardware. The killing and frying of parts is part of this world, so be afraid, be very afraid, muahahahahaaa! lol. :cool:

Back