• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WRT54G and Bittorrent

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

satandole666

I recently had to upgrade (read: create) a network to get a Wii, 2 desktops, and a laptop on the internet. I used a WRT54G mainly because it was free.

Now I find out it doesn't play nice with bittorrent. Every time I connect to a file in bittorrent it'll kill my internet with the "limited or no connectivity" error. I have to restart Vista to fix it.

So...what do I do? Is there a 3rd part firmware version that fixes this? Or do I need to do something to Windows?

Thanks in advance...

3.0 is the version I have apparently, according to the first 4 of the serial number.

Did you have problems that were fixed with a firmware update/replacement?

I used to have 2 wireless connections and 4 hardwired connections to my WRT54G, 3 of them running bittorrent. Using the stock firmware, the router would lock up hard and only a hard boot (disconnect power adapter) would get it back up and running. Since running HyperWRT, no further issues with torrent and locking up.

Firmware update successful. Testing it now.

I'm a complete nub with networking stuff, should I setup port forwarding or something for bittorrent?

Thanks a ton. It seems to work fine. I downloaded a small 20mb file without getting disconnected. Normally I would've been disconnected within a minute of BT connecting to a torrent.

Back