• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time Warner Cable Job????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

poopboypat

Ok, I’m not sure were to ask this, so here goes. I am wondering about a Time Warner Cable Installer Job. Does anyone know how much money they make in Central New York? I’m currently a PC repair man, who works with TV’s and computers. I make about $15.00 US an hour and work full time. I’m just trying to see if it would be worth it to go to a different job. Thanks a lot and sorry for posting this here. If you know of a better/ more appropriate site to post this on please tell me. Thanks!

I'd call Time Warner and as what they pay in your area for whatever job your interested in.

I tried to look up some basic info by going to Time Warner's Career page but they don't seem to list the starting rates, I looked at a few Google references, and even that's hard to ascertain because the starting pay would most likely differ due to your experience.

They won't pay much more than you're currently making, you'll be driving everywhere all the time, and working weird shifts/hours with maximum pressure to "perform" (arbitrararily defined by their calculations). I've also considered this option but won't even do it until I asolutely cannot find other work. I'm in eastern NY, FWIW.

Working their help desk won't be much better, having to deal directly with end user customers is a nightmare and the WORSE level of tech support there is.

Besides, Time Warner is evil. :D

I am a service tech in Eastern North Carolina for Time warner. Been with the job for 2 years now and i make what less than what you make but with my benefits my free cable/internet/phone and all my other goodies it works out to be a pretty good job. The sups are nice. If you just do your job which is easy you can move up with the company as far as you want. Only thing holding you back is YOU.

i would only do it if you will be working in decent neighborhoods. I worked for a contractor for time warner in charlotte for about 6 months. In that time I had a gun pulled on me four times and a knife twice. People in the ghetto dont like it when you cut their stuff off.

Back