• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

possible to overclock a DELL?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wade11

I have a dimension E510 with pentium 4 3gig processor.. It has no overclocking options in the BIOS. Is there any other way to do this?

clock gen or possible pad mod if its lga775. other then that you have to buy a faster cpu.

you will have to open up the pc to find it this PLL starts with ICS on it. its kinda hard to find esp on dell mobo's.

I wouldnt bother. Even if its possible, if thats a presshot I dont think the stock cooler will allow you.

yes its a prescott. the cooling is very well constructed though. the airflow is excellent. I was hoping maybe i could get it up to 3.5 gigs or something

you will have to open up the pc to find it this PLL starts with ICS on it. its kinda hard to find esp on dell mobo's.

I may try that. I'm going to need to change my ram:fsb ratio though. Do you know if Clockgen will let you do that?

yes its a prescott. the cooling is very well constructed though. the airflow is excellent. I was hoping maybe i could get it up to 3.5 gigs or something

No it aint ;-).

It's designed to do what its doing. Nothing more. It's the nature of the beast. You could probably find a cheap motherboard and PSU (as you would need a new one) to play around with.

Back