• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help (vista)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

newbzg

Hello everyone,

I've a HP laptop dv9000, now whenever i turn on the machine either "safe mode or normal" I get the LogonUI.exe - Bad Image (C:\windows\system32\wintrust.dll) window and cannot close it. In fact I can't even do anything else, like getting on the internet and so on.

Now I ran Ad-aware but it just goes "not responding" when it finishes. Same goes for Safe-Mode.

I've ran out of ideas on what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

to troubleshoot your prob, the first step is to do what previous post was and then go fom there, apparently you have another sytem to post so it may be a step by step process to figure out what is going on
and di you google the error you are experiencing, Bad Image (C:\windows\system32\wintrust.dll)
it''s not fun but the options are starting from scratch or figuring out what's up

Yes I have done my search and came up with nothing :(

I do not have the Install CD because when the laptop was bought it came vista pre-installed.

do you have any type of vista software, eg.. any version of vista on cd's?
when you press F8 at startup can you get to a command prompt,
does your pc use or have a floppy drive? If so, you can try to copy a wintrust.ddl from a known working machine and copy it to your machine replacing the original, if you have the floppy drive. Or you can get hold of a Emergency Boot cd which you can d/l fron the Interent from a friends compouter and boot your system with that cd.
Contact HP and see how much they want for a recovery disk?
few things to think about, update your post

It's a friends laptop.

I am on my desktop now. F8 works but so what, doesn't matter which option I choose the error is still there. Does not have a floppy drive.

Why would i use emergency boot cd ? i can boot to win fine, just the error problem. I need the repair cd not the boot cd, unless it has an option to recover/repair.

Thank you for the help. I am going to try to contact HP.

Back