• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FF6 (3) best game ever!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slurgi

Registered
There are a few games that a gamer can go back and play, even after beating it. Most games get played, then shoved and forgotten for the rest of my life (for me at least).

But then there are those games that have a special place in a gamers heart. They never leave. Their sound tracks are forever hummed in their minds...

That is how it is for me and FF3. I just began playing it again via emulation on my PC. I am just about through the world of ruin, and i remember every single detail from the first game. Every treasure, etc.

In my opinion, this was the best game ever created. For the SNES the graphics were superb. Although limited to 2 dimensions, it is an amazing game none-the-less.

Does anyone feel the same way about FF3 or am i just a freak?

Don't worry, you aren't a freak. Or at least you aren't alone ;)

I have to agree that this is easily one of the greatest FF games. Deep, non-linear, wide open world... Well thought out battle system (perfected in FFIX, but much more refined in VI).

Here's to an oldie, but goodie! :beer:

Kid

I liked the first part, which was real interesting, but not the second part wasn't too terribly interesting. Idk about you, but walking around endlessly looking for battles to boost experience for the second half of the game was not to much to my liking. Although I could listen to the music from the Veldt for days at a time ^_^

Oni said:
... Idk about you, but walking around endlessly looking for battles to boost experience for the second half of the game was not to much to my liking. ...

I can understand that. They really opened up the second part of the game, letting you go where you wanted to. Definately more non-linear than the remainder of the game, which I have found is not to everyone's liking. Still, if you pick up most of your characters from the first half, you are usually strong enough to fight Kefka without much more exp. building. Which is, btw, the most boring part of any RPG. :D

Kid

Back