• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I now know of the pain you all felt... (rant)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Multi thread, the 1600 beats me, not close enough to debate. I just don't do anything with my rig where that advantage would benefit me for my uses. If I were building today, I'd go Ryzen anyway. I didn't expect my socket to drive off a cliff so fast. LOL

The 15-20% difference in clock is inflating those numbers just a bit

Well, yeah. That's why I overclocked it.

1600x comparison on the CPU-Z bench test. Doesn't show the 4700 MHz speed in this frame.
1600x.JPG

Last edited:
Multi thread, the 1600 beats me, not close enough to debate. I just don't do anything with my rig where that advantage would benefit me for my uses. If I were building today, I'd go Ryzen anyway. I didn't expect my socket to drive off a cliff so fast. LOL

Well, yeah. That's why I overclocked it.

1600x comparison on the CPU-Z bench test. Doesn't show the 4700 MHz speed in this frame.
View attachment 197128

1600 != 1600x :) Contrasting your OC to something else stock is rather meaningless. My glass-top electric stove cooks faster than your wood-log fireplace...

Back