• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raid Failure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beng2k

A bit about myself, Im 23, a Nursing student at the University of Ottawa, and run my own drifting club and forums called 613DriftWerks located in Ottawa at www.613driftwerks.com.

I work for an optician and implementing digital patient records.

Ok, Im not a super genious when it comes to this stuff. THis is my first time ever working with any type of RAID.

The computer is running WIndows Server 2003 R2 X64

I have a custom built server, here are the specs:

AMD Opteron Dual Core 265 x2
Tyan S2877 K8WE s940 Motherboard
Kingston 2GB DDR 400 ECC x2
Seagate 250GB 7200rpm 16mb x4

So I recieved this setup from someone who has been running it as there server for thier optical store.

It was set up as RAID 0+1, and from my understanding it meant
2 of the 250G drives were joined then
2 of the 250G drives mirror the first 2

Now, while I was away, something happened, too which I'm not sure and staff have no idea either.

The raid became degraded somehow, so I sent the computer back to the store. They said the second harddrive was faulty and replaced it. They gave it back to me to fix from here.

I read that I should enter the Nvidia Raid Bios screen, it now showed that one was error state and one was degraded. After doing some reading, it said to delete the error raid and rebuild it...however, its now showing in NvRaid in Windows "3 drives all together, rebuilding". THis doesnt seem right as there was only 3 drives instead of the 4. IM not sure what to do or what other information to provide.

Im writing exams until Monday and wont be able to physically access the server until then. I can however RDP to the server if theres info I can pull from Windows.

Thanks for reading and I really appreciate any guidance you have on how to fix this because although we havent gone live with the system, it is set up ready to go. I have yet to create a backup of windows itself but do have the critical application and databases backed up. I do not want to restart from scratch.

Back