• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slow computer Races (SETI are doing it)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lennytiger

Just an idea seti are doing a "slow computer race" for seti why don't we do one for folding, it'll generate some wu!!

come on guys its just a bit of fun and folding!!

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all,

Cheers
Lenny

Well its out of commission but I have a K6II that does a villan frame in like 21.6min it takes this thing 1 1/2 days per villan I have to ask myself if its worth the power bill to run it? I know its not worth the money to buy replacement parts cause I robbed them for the duron system.

I'll would surely win if the software could run on my first brought CPU in 94' or 95. It a pentium 75 with 8MB RAM.

LOL
:D :beer:

i have a 286 and 386 collecting dust but win95 pushes the 286 i think the 386 can take win95 if i compress the hard drive, i did that once when i was about 10years old my first pc a 386!!

My PII 233 is slow!! that would be cool

The slowest box I have access to is a p133 that can't be OC'd. No internet connection though :)I cant get to it till later in the week though.

The slowest machine I could possible get is a 286 :)

It would be very interesting to see what kind of frame rate that thing could do.

I'm down for such a race.. how does it work?

I've got a P1-166 Linux box I need to rebuild (its in pieces right now).. And a 486 or two sitting around.. And a P2-266 and the my current rig K6-2 450. I'm all around slow over here, but I love these machines. Too bad I sold that 8088 :p

well if we want to do the race we must come up with some organisation of teams/groups anyone have a suggestion?

great so we must set the slow comps up then!!! do we create a new team or just fold as for example "lennytiger_slow"?

OK, for all your slow boxes fold under your usual name except add _slow at the end that way we know who is in the slow computer race, could we make this a sticky so all the team members know???

Back