• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A few questions about recievers.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

puremanb

I don't know much about sound equipment. What I have is xbox 360 (hdmi), Wii (component), up-converting DvD player (hdmi), possibly HTPC, and I have a 5.1 set of Carver speakers I got for 80 bucks and they work perfectly (Heres a review of the speakers I bought I assume 80 bucks was a good deal even if they are almost 10 years old, They do look almost brand new. http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_5_1/carver51speakers.html ).

Also I'm getting a 47in 1080p LCD TV soon.

What would be the best way of hooking everything up? Can I have everything go through the receiver and then just have 1 HDMI cable running to the tv to reduce cable clutter? And If I do that can I still use the TV speakers if I need to be quiet?

Can I get a 7.1 receiver and use 5.1 with it so I can upgrade to 7.1 in the future if I wanted?

Price range is probably 200-400 after I purchase the TV.

Edit: Thanks In advance for helping!

Back