• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

c2d 6750 new build but shows up as 2.0 ghz???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

atm743

newbuildnb8.jpg

well this is my first intel build. its my buds computer

would like to know why is the cpu showing up as 2.0 ghz and why are my temps UNGODLY low. i have a Thermaltake CL-P0401 110mm cpu fan on it so that may help.

well help me out guys its my buds computer that i build for him and i never did intel before. what should i do

Virtulization technology.
When cpu is idle it drops the multi to 6 which is why it says it is 2.0.it is a energy saver. When you put a load on it , then multi comes back up to stock and away you go.
Massraptor

When cpu is idle it drops the multi to 6 which is why it says it is 2.0.it is a energy saver. When you put a load on it , then multi comes back up to stock and away you go.
Massraptor

ahh kinda like quiet and cool but for intel i see.

Massraptor
As pointed out, not called virtualization, but speedstep :beer:

Virtualization is for improved performance in, well, virtual machines (aka they have built-in hardware support on the chip for running VMs)

Er, read the first sticky post on this board.

Can we get the stickies in flashing neon colors or something? :beer:

Er, read the first sticky post on this board.

Can we get the stickies in flashing neon colors or something? :beer:

hehehe

sorry.

i remeber reading about it i just was spazzing out cause i thought i screwed something up.

is there something about CPU-Z not showing the right stats??

for some reason when i set the clock manual in the bios it will say the same speed in cpu-z but when i right click and go to properties on my computer it will show the clock i set it as in the bios??

i remember reading something about theres a setting in the bios that screws up the readings in cpu-z

hehehe

sorry.

i remeber reading about it i just was spazzing out cause i thought i screwed something up.

is there something about CPU-Z not showing the right stats??

for some reason when i set the clock manual in the bios it will say the same speed in cpu-z but when i right click and go to properties on my computer it will show the clock i set it as in the bios??

i remember reading something about theres a setting in the bios that screws up the readings in cpu-z
Just put a load on your CPU and then see what CPU-z says. Betting it's your actual speed.

Back