• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What would be best? 2x8800gtx768mb or 3x8800gt512mb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bestmaxx

Considering all the cards would be ran at their regular speed, would 2 8800gtx768mb be better than having 3x8800gts512mb? or visaversa? I currently have an EVGA 8800gtx with the 621mhz overclock, but can't make up my mind on getting another 8800gtx or selling the one i have and buying 3 8800gts.

The 8800 GTS 512MB can't do tri-SLI. Is there more to this question or are you powering multiple monitors?

no theres not more to the questions, i guess i am just lacking knowledge in the subject... obviously i guess there is a list that specifies which cards work with tri-sli? Does the 8800gtx?

The reason is it has to have two SLI connectors on top, the GTX/ULTRA has two, the others have one.

yup thats correct... they have 2 sli connectors so each card in setup with tri sli can talk directly to one another...

connectors.jpg

TBH i would wait to feburary to see what nvidia is gonna come out with... it might end up smacking a tri sli 8800gtx setup into the ground... u never kno!!!

off topic, but i find it kinda ironic that your seriously considering sli givin your avatar :p

haha

that's funny you picked up on the avatar. I used not for sli, i was all about crossfire, well that changed a couple years ago, i have just been very lazy in changing it.

Back