• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to check to make sure I get a 360 with a new core?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGreySpectre

I am going to go and get an xbox 360 tomarrow, most likely the premium package. I don't need HDMI cables and I don't really think I need 120gb of Hard Drive space, 20Gb seems like enough to store savegames and some Rockband,Halo 3 and GH3 content.

I want to make sure I get one of the ones with the new cores (the falconer core I think or something like that)

I believe they are the ones produced after a specific date in october.

What date is it that I need to look for, or What Serial Number? Also, Where on the box would I find this?

Thanks
Greyspectre

There is an open window on the bottom of the box that shows the serial number and production date. As long as you get one 7/1/07 or later, you're golden. Alternatively look on the box and if it has HDMI you're good to go as well.

Also next to the UPC it should say the wattage if its 175w its defiantly one of the newer ones, the ones that say 203w are most likely not a falcon but it still could be.

Back