• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Accelero S1 review (3850)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jacobman

I have the Sapphire 512meg 3850 and bought the Accelero S1 to cool it. So far i have been very impressed with it, well worth the $24. I used the artic silver adhesive for the ramsinks because the tape that comes with it is no good and the cheapest blue led 120mm fan i could find. For some reason i dont think my stock coolers fan was coming on during gameplay so it got way hot, Iphone courtesy of Terranova.

Stock HS/F and clocks

idle ~45c
load 94c

Accelero with 720/950 clocks

idle 31c
load 42c

213829.jpg

213830.jpg

213831.jpg

213832.jpg

213833.jpg

213834.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 3870 on the way does it look like 2 120s will fit on there i have the gremin II that takes 2 120s and this don't look too much smaller any way i will be getting this when i go ahead and make another buy off neweeg or where ever probly some ddr2 ram so i can move away from regular ddr and old stuff

Good Stuff!! that was definitely a significant drop there. Now you just need to OC it even MORE! You need to break 10k J pwn it!!! :beer:

Yes you can fit two 120mm fans on the s1. Also if anyone with a 3870 is considering grabing it I would use the stock ram sink over the sinks that come with the s1 cuz they can be a real pain.

great i have a couple more high speed loons laying around but it is a good reason to buy more when i get the cooler cause i have a couple builds coming up for friends and a clan member

clan we play in the twl and use to do the cal stuff too in bf2 but most have switched to cod4 with when the damn fedex guy shows up i will too althou i will be playing most of the new games in twl

Great pics Jacobman, they really help me to get a good idea of the size which is important to me in my already 'comfy' case.

P.S. Nice iPhone :cool:

Great pics Jacobman, they really help me to get a good idea of the size which is important to me in my already 'comfy' case.

P.S. Nice iPhone :cool:

No problem, the biggest thing i wondered about was size as well but it fits nicely in my case. Unfortunately the iphone inst mine, its terranovas.

Back